As a Database Administrator/Developer at Rosnet, the position will help support and reinforce the company’s websites and applications. This is a MS SQL Server DBA role responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of OLTP and Data Warehouse database systems to ensure high performance with excellent reliability. The Database Developer side of the job will involve moving large amounts of data using SQL and SSIS, developing and performance tuning SQL code. We are looking to fill this position with a highly competent, motivated, and dependable individual that enjoys working across all environments including production.
Rosnet prides itself on excellent customer service and a 99% website availability which will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. This role requires a service oriented mentality with a high sense of ownership. A focus on problem prevention, managing and resolving issues, performing changes on production systems, and proactively communicating issues internally. Other database team members include a data architect and database developer.
- Administer large SQL Server 2014 database environments with hundreds of databases per environment.
- Perform database administration activities including security, configuration, space management, mirroring, log shipping, backup and recovery.
- Work with the Infrastructure team on hardware, space, and networking requirements.
- Design and implement a production high availability solution.
- Maintain database software by installing and applying updates, service packs, and cumulative releases for all environments.
- Monitor production databases for performance issues and take appropriate steps to troubleshoot and tune.
- Configure database monitoring software to ensure optimal database alerts to minimize hands on monitoring.
- Create, schedule, and maintain SQL jobs for database administration automation tasks.
- Develop complex SQL scripts to manipulate data.
- Design, develop, and automate efficient and robust ETL processes using SSIS and SQL to move data.
- Document infrastructure, configuration, current processes, and database administration procedures.
- Provide after-hours support to monitor database alerts and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- 5+ years’ experience working in SQL Server administration preferably with some 2014 or 2016 experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in troubleshooting, tuning, and resolving database performance issues.
- 3+ years’ experience writing transact SQL.
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with database backup/recovery, failover, and disaster recovery models.
- Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter, and be able to work for periods of time without detailed direction.
- Good interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related specialty.
- Microsoft SQL Server certification a plus.
- Rosnet offers very competitive base salaries.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- 401K Retirement Plan with a 4% match.
- 8 Holidays per year with flexibility to choose 4 of the days.
- 2 Weeks of paid vacation after one year.
- 6 PTO days per year.
- YMCA membership discount.
- Flexible work hours.
Working for ROSnet:
Founded in 1998, Rosnet is a growing IT company that provides web-based enterprise reporting solutions for multi-unit restaurant operators. We’ve been featured as one of Kansas City’s Small Business Monthly’s “25 Under 25” companies, named one of Kansas City’s “Smart Companies to Watch”, and listed on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Businesses in 2015! We provide our customers with tools to help them increase their profitability. All of this helps to make Rosnet a great work environment that is perfect for motivated self-starters.
Rosnet is located in picturesque Parkville, MO. Our unique office environment is located in the commercial underground beneath Park University. We are within walking distance of Parkville’s downtown shops, restaurants, and famous coffee shop. Our dress code is casual and encourages hard work interspersed with fun activities. Our Fun Committee plans monthly activities including video game tournaments, scavenger hunts, and food contests. A Community Outreach Committee helps us to give back to the community. We are vehemently opposed to the world of corporate politics, pointy-haired bosses, and stifling micromanagement!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Rosnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.