Rosnet people rock. We’re fun and diverse; we work hard and play hard. When we release a new feature or product into the wild, it’s immediately used by hundreds of small businesses around the country. It’s nice to hear our customers say, “We can’t succeed without the tools that you provide!” We’re both growing and profitable, which many companies just can’t say. Oh, and we have the best coworkers around!
Founded in 1998, Rosnet is a growing IT company that provides web-based enterprise reporting solutions for multi-unit restaurant operators. We have been featured as one of Kansas City Small Business Monthly “25 Under 25” companies, as well as being named one of Kansas City’s “Smart Companies to Watch.” We provide our customers with tools to help them increase their profitability. All of this helps to make Rosnet a great work environment perfect for motivated self-starters.
|GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION|
|The BI Developer at Rosnet will be responsible for the design, development, testing, performance tuning which leads to the implementation of Business Intelligence and Analytic reports, dashboards, and other supported applications based on business need and prioritization.
|MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES|
|· Design, develop, test, performance tune high quality business solutions on the WebFOCUS platform. Creating procedures and accompanying HTML and Java Script using Information Builders App Studio and InfoAssist+ based on industry best practices as well as business need.
· Have a thorough understanding of report and dashboard design, and good data visualization skills.
· This role requires strong SQL skills to review the WebFocus generated SQL to ensure that Joins are generated only when needed and that Where clauses are appropriately generated.
· Provide maintenance break/fix support for WebFOCUS and triage support issues to other areas of development if needed.
· Develop, enforce, and recommend enhancements to Business Intelligence processes in the area of standards and methodologies.
· Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed enhancements.
· Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources and stakeholders.
|MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|· Develop quality written technical process documentation.
· Work both independently and as a group within an agile development environment.
|QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB|
|· 5+ years experience in WebFocus development, preferably with release 8xx and above. Or 3+years experience in WebFocus and 5 years experience developing Business Intelligence applications with a similar product suite (i.e., MicroStrategy, Cognos, SAP Business Objects).
· In-depth knowledge of developing reports using the FOCUS language and ability to debug code in FOCUS language.
· Working knowledge of the WebFocus metadata.
· Experience with the IBI Responsive Design Framework, WebFocus monitoring and administration a plus.
· Ability to produce production-quality Webfocus code with a minimum of supervision.
· Experience developing against large, highly available, data warehouse or transactional databases.
· Strong SQL design, development, tuning, and troubleshooting experience preferred.
· Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to make accurate estimates and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
· Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter, and be able to work for periods of time without detailed direction.
· Experience with software development lifecycle and methodologies.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related specialty.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org